Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Wedding Card with Invitation Inspiration! Audience Participation at end of post!

Hello crafty friends!  I am so excited to share today's post with you, because I'm so proud of my work!  So many times for wedding cards I just go straight to my wedding cartridge or do the standard black and white type of card, which there is nothing wrong with because I am sure I will use those again in the future, but I wanted to do something different.  When I received the wedding invitation I found it to be different than the typical wedding invitation and I just knew my card would have to be too.  So here it is...






Recipe:

Cardstock : basic white and brown, the diagonal designed paper is So Sophie by My Minds Eye ( love it! ), the tree paper was from my stash

Sentiment is from my stash (sorry it is a clear set of stamps that I don't have the written name for )  Inside Sentiment is from Paper Studio

Ink - Brown Stampin' Up!

Flowers from my stash and sprayed with Ranger Perfect Pearl Mists

I am entering this into the following challenges:
Cricut Cardz Challenge #78- wedding card using any cartridge and colors
Wee Memories - Free For All Challenge #59


Thank you for looking and for any comments! 
Now onto audience participation part of my blog: do you prefer my step by step directions on how I make my projects or the simple recipe version as shown above?    Any thoughts would be much appreciated!  Thank you and Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Stickles: green, distressed gold, and bronze

brad from

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Love your card, using non traditional colors is a nice change. Getting out of our comfort zone is scary sometimes, huh? TFS Have a great day.

JustYolie said...

Wow! I love your card, it coordinates so nicely with the invite! As far as tutorials, I can go either way, recipe or pic tutorials. :)

Giovana said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Wee Memories.

Jeri said...

I love how you made your card to go with the wedding invitation for a matching look. Very nice. Thanks for sharing with us at CCC.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

I love how you incorporated the design of the invite!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS