Sunday, July 31, 2011

Scrap It Girl New Challenge Blog!

I am so excited to be entering the Scrap it Girl's New Challenge Blog, because it takes all of us back to the basics of scrapbooking and two page layouts.  I tend to classify myself as a basic/simple scrapbooker... I love my photo mats, sticker embellishments, homemade embellishments and journaling.  That's not to say that I don't love seeing some of the more detailed and amazing projects that so many of you inspire me with, and sometimes I add to my own books, but on the whole I keep my scrapbook pages pretty simple.  That is why I am thrilled that there is a new challenge blog challenging us to embrace our imaginative side with scissors, paper, adhesive, and anything else our crafty minds can think of!  So go check it out yourself and join in the fun! Best of luck!


Here is my entry:





On my first page the bow on top of the page is the actual hairband from the picture!  I used paper from DCVW Nana's Nursery Little Girl stack.  The journal box is from Making Memories noteworthy. ( I love these, because they tear right out and come already lined and in fun shapes! )  I used a "welcome baby" banner sticker from making memories design shop.  On the second page I used the shadow and regular cut of this flower from the Storybook Cartridge, and I added three pink gems with my I-Rock tool for a little more bling.  I chose not to mat these pictures, because I love the coloring of the background paper with the pictures and I didn't want to take away from that.

Thank you so much for looking, and make sure you check out this fun new challenge blog!

Happy Crafting!
Lisa

4 comments:

Scrap It Girl said...

Hi Lisa
Thank you for joining me for my 1st challenge. I have been scrapbooking since I was 17 and I just love it. It is hard to find a scrapbook challenge that isn't a sketch, 1 page or a digital page. I hope you come back every 2 weeks to play. I love how you combined a little old school with the new. I love your mini banner and how her bow/ribbon matches the bow/ribbon on your layout. 2 cute~

Anonymous said...

So cute!! It is very girly and sweet. tfs
Deanne
http://deannescreativejuice.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

A precious layout and precious baby...

Romina Nahata said...

oh !i love it !! super !!
** do join in my blog giveaway !!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS