Saturday, August 6, 2011

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge Entry - Up! Up! And Away!

Hello crafty friends! I just wanted to share a quick little post for CAS-ual Friday's Challenge using glue dots
( loved this challenge! ).  And be on the look out I have been fairly crafty around here lately, but most of the things I've made are gifts for others that I can't share so as not to ruin the surprise for them, so soon I will be able to post these projects!  Without further delay...



What are these pretty little balloon baskets made with?  Glue Dots!!!  I love this idea and I have no idea why I have not thought to do this before!  You simply put the glue dot on, manipulate it to the shape you want and then add glitter!  Viola!
Paper : echo park
Stamps: balloons - JoAnn's dollar section, and sentiment from Clear Stamps by Paper Studio
Watercolor Colored Pencils
Glue Dots
Glitter : Martha Stewart
Memories Dye Inkpad : black

As a crafter if you do not own Glue Dots you need to jump out there and buy some now, because I use them on almost everything!  I love how strong they are and the different sizes they come in, they are great for sticking buttons on things, ribbon, and various other materials.  I also plan on trying a new technique using wet embossing with them, so be on the look out for that soon!  Thanks so much, and please go to CAS-ual Fridays to check out what others have created for this fun challenge!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

8 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Wonderful idea! ;)

Dana said...

What a great idea to use the glue dots for your baskets! Great look and that BG is perfect. Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Laura Davis said...

Super cute!
Thanks for playing at CAS-ual Fridays!
Laura

Norma said...

Fabulous idea!! Love those cute air balloons:) TFS
Hugs

Virginia L. said...

I absolutely adore the glitter in this card, Lisa! Love love the hot air balloons!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!I also appreciate your comment in my blog! xo

Sherrie K. said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I am now a follower of yours too:) Love your projects and your blog is darling.
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Deborah Frings said...

I think this looks great - the glue dots make lovely baskets!! Hot air balloons are just fab! Here's mine!

Tifany said...

Cute card!

Thanks for entering my giveaway! The winners have been posted!
http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/2011/08/winners.html

-Tifany
http://inkblotsbytrd.blogspot.com/

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS