Saturday, October 1, 2011

Happy World Card Making Day!!!

Ok I know I'm a bit late on wishing you all a happy world card making day, but I was able to get some creating done today!  woo hoo!  So now I get to share some of that with you!  Here is a card I am entering into several challenges and one design team call:



I had a ton of fun making this Halloween Card... It is simple card that gives off a whole lot of attitude. First I started with plain black cardstock and ran it through my Sizzix Texture Boutique using my Cuttlebug swirls A2 card.  What's that fun stuff on the bottom of my card? Cheese cloth!!!  Isn't that so much fun?!  I happened to have some sitting in my craft/dinning room for a different craft that I haven't gotten around to doing and I thought why not attach it to a card?!  I gave it a little tug here and there and frayed it a little on the ends.  I used Scotch quick dry adhesive to attach it and viola!  I used ribbon from my stash, a little cut out tag from quick quotes and attached to white cardstock with my sentiment from Imaginisce snag em stamps.  I added some I-Rock bling on the sides of the tag, and Mr. S the skeleton is from the Happy Hauntings Cartridge!


Now onto the Design Team Call I am entering this into: *drum roll inserted here*

My Craft Spot is having a Design Team Call!!! 
I am a huge fan of her beautiful crinkle ribbon and she also has some fantastic stamps!!!  Did I mention she has some yummilicious twine too?!  You have to stop by here to check out her wonderful products, and then go here to see what others have created for her DT Call and for you to get in it as well.

I am also entering this into the following challenges:
One Crazy Stamper - Halloween/Fall Challenge
Really Reasonable Ramblings - Challenge #33 Halloween
Paper Cutz Challenge - #111 shake rattle and roll but keep it cute
Cricut - World Card - Making Day Contest
Thank you so very much for stopping by and for all of the wonderful comments you leave for me, it really makes my day/night to read them!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

12 comments:

Kate said...

How clever to use cheese cloth!! It looks fantastic on your card! The embossing is such a wonderful touch as well!

Colorful Creations Sketch Blog said...

Great card! Lisa, you won the blog Candy over at colorful Creations blog and I need your address to mail it out ot you. Please email me at ourcolorfulcreations@gmail.com thank you! Rochelle

Sharon said...

Great card!!! Love the embossing, ribbon and the awesome idea of using cheese cloth!! Thank you for sharing your card with us at Paper Cutz Challenge!!!! :)

Court said...

The gauze is awesome! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog!

Unknown said...

Such a cute card. LOVE the cheesecloth. I am so going to dig mine out from my fabric scraps :) Great textures too.Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Cutz.

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Fantastic card! I love the embossing and the cheesecloth adds the perfect spooky touch!

Kimberly
My Craft Spot

Dana said...

So cute!! I love your gauze bits!! Thanks so much for joining us at One Crazy Stamper for our challenge this month =)
Hugs~
Dana

Jamie - oohLaLaPaperie said...

Looooove the cheese cloth! Nicely done!!! Good luck on the DT call.

Jamie
Http://oohlalapaperie.blogspot.com

Beckie said...

Great card. Best of Luck. I'm a hopeful too ;)

Be Blessed, Beckie

Jeanne Streiff said...

Oooh spooky! Thanks for playing the Really Reasonable Ribbon challenge!

Jacilynn said...

That guaze/material is a great touch. Looks spooky!
Thanks for joining in OCS challenge this month!
cheers
Jacilynn

mommyof5kidz said...

That is Awesome!!! Thank you for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS