Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hey, You Rock!

I find guy cards to be the most intimidating cards to make... you never want to be too girly, but you don't want to be boring, and let's face it I'm always thinking " how can I make this sparkle? " and well that doesn't really work on a guy card... but I was able to make this one as a happy accident! Yay!!! As my son always says " Sometimes accidents happen " and boy am I glad this one worked out for the better...

I had seen a fun challenge at CPS this week with the following sketch...

I also had just seen the fun color challenge up at Stampin Sisterhood:





So while playing around I had a circular shaped ink pad ( Mixed Media Inx by Colorbox ) and I thought how perfect the yellow one would be for the larger circle of the card, but as I was pressing it down I seemed to have pressed really hard in one spot and not enough on the outter part of the circle, but I went with it and I actually love the turn out...




Supplies Used:
Stamps: Stampin' Up (circles), TAWS (sentiment and mini skid mark circles)
Inks: Mixed Media Inx by Colorbox, PTI, and Memento
Smoochspritz
orange cardstock

Thanks so much for stopping by and for reading my long winded post today! hehehe!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

6 comments:

Nana said...

Well you made a perfect masculine card here. Love the colors and the sentiment.

Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
Email Me

Hi, I am Karen Driscoll said...

Hey Lisa!!! What a great card!! The colors are great, and it is a nice clean card. Great Job, karen♥

~Tammy~ said...

What a fun card!

Ellen Taylor said...

Fabulous use of the inspiration! Thanks for playing in the Stampin' Sisterhood challenge!

Julia Aston said...

This is a great design for a guy - love all the spots and smudges! thanks for playing with the Stampin' Sisterhood this month!

C said...

Cool guy card! Thanks for joining us at the Rubbernecker Stamps Stampin'Sisterhood!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS