Friday, February 14, 2014

WPlus9 Birthday Challenge #2

*This is my third post, so please scroll down to see my other two... or go here to see my Be Inspired Challenge Post.

woo hoo!  3 posts in one day?!  And this last card that I am sharing happens to be one of my most favorite cards that I have made in a while... I felt like I was going through the motions of crafting lately, but I decided to pull out my WPlus9 products and just have fun... it felt so good!  I also channeled my inner Taheerah from Fill Your Paper With the Breathings of Your Heart... well at least I think I did, hehehehe, her work is simply amazing if you have never seen her work (which would be pretty darn impossible) then you MUST see it now... So while I started making this card for the WPlus9 Step It Up Challenge, I found myself also being inspired by Taheerah's Cure For the Monday Blues...

(I wanted to show this angel to show the shiny gold thread and the shine of the watercolor background I made!)

I made my background by mixing inks and Heidi Swapp Shine Mists.... swoon!  It felt so good to just throw watercolors all over the paper without having to over analyze where each swipe should go!

Supplies:
Stamps: WPlus9 Fresh Cut Flowers
Gold Thread
Sequins: V's Sweet Ideas

I am also entering this into the CASology - BOLD challenge because I think the purple and green are so bold on this background
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful LOVE Day!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

4 comments:

jessica said...

Beautiful Lisa!!!!!
Thanks for sharing and Happy Valentine's Day!!

Taheerah said...

Gosh, I'm seriously blushing and flattered by your super-sweet and kind words Lisa! I'm so thrilled you felt inspired by my challenge and my work! Your background is misty-licious and I *love* that gold thread wrapped around the vellum!! Thanks so much for playing to Cure The Monday Blues!

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful!!
Laura

Petti said...

This is beautiful!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS