Thursday, May 22, 2014

A Watercolor card


Hi!  Ok, so I know I've been posting like crazy today, but I had so much fun getting crafty last night that I just couldn't wait to share it all!  I'm playing along with the AEI(heart)U Challenge #7: Botanicals as well as the addicted CAS-ology: Flower Challenge... As I'm sure you can guess I was fortunate enough to take part in the Watercolor classes over at CardClasses.com, and this class was ah-mazing!  I have learned sooo much, and it has really pushed me to step out of my comfort zone and try new things... that's where this card comes in...

 I have never even thought to stamp an image and then turn it into a watercolor painting, but I feel so fancy having learned this technique from class...

Supplies Used:
Watercolor paper
Stamps: Avery Elle
Ink: Distress Inks and Memento
Water and a brush
Color Shine: Heidi Swapp



I'm really happy with the results and since this is my first card ever using this technique I know I can only get better!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Crafting!
Lisa

5 comments:

Lin said...

This is so pretty, Lisa! We see so few cards with purples, this one is extra special!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fabulous- I love watercoloring- beautifully done!

Judy1223 said...

Lisa, this does look like a watercolor painting...how gorgeous! You are a natural at watercoloring! Such pretty flowers and I love that sentiment, too. Thanks for joining us at CASology!

Yana Smakula said...

beautiful card and wonderful watercolor! Thank you for joining us at the AE Challenge!

Jen W. said...

This is gorgeous, Lisa! I'm loving the watercolor look! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS