Friday, July 25, 2014

PTI July Blog Hop

Hello!  Yay!!!  It's Papertrey Ink Blog Hop Day!  I always love these, because I love seeing how differently each person sees the inspiration that is provided for us.  And this time there is just one photo of inspiration to work with...


I drew my inspiration from the stitched flower and the flowers on the doily...



Supplies Used:
Stamps: PTI Stitches and Swirls, Botanic Silohouettes
Ink: PTI Spring Rain, Autumn Rose, Pure Poppy, and Dark Chocolate, also Avery Elle Mint 
Doily
Hemp Cord: Darice
Patterned Paper: MME
Paint Brush

I recently bought a set of nice water paintbrushes, and there is a itty bitty one that I just had to bust out for this card.  I basically painted my flower using very little water and the ink pads as my color pallet.  I stamped the inks onto my craft mat and dabbed my paintbrush right in and got to work.  I pulled my colors from the bottom up and then went back over in areas I wanted to create more dimension.  Another trick I used on this card was stamping off... I inked up my sentiment with Dark Chocolate stamped it onto a scrap paper before quickly stamping it onto my card front.  This gave it a muted look that blended more with the background.

Thanks for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful day!
Lisa

8 comments:

Cecilia Hsieh said...

Lovely take on the sketch Lisa!

Diana K said...

Love how pure and simple this card is. So pretty.

~amy~ said...

Love the stamping on the doily!

Lisa Elton said...

This is simply marvelous!!

Megan Carroll said...

This card is so soft and lovely!!

Annheidel said...

Soft and sweet! I love how you stamped on the doily and how the cord is threaded through it.

Sadie said...

Very pretty soft background for the stitched flower. I like it!!

Sheri Gilson said...

Lovely card!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS