Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Mama Elephant and Me! Take #2

Hi!  So today I am sharing a card that I feel is a bit different than my norm, but I had so much fun thinking outside of my little box and I love the results.  This card is based on the latest Mama Elephant and Me Challenge: Paper Piecing + Thanks...



Supplies Used:
Stamps: Mama Elephant (sentiment: Say What, "hot air balloon": Lights Out)
Ink: Memento, Jeni Bowling
Patterned Paper: Heidi Swapp
Embossing Paste
Stencil: Studio Calico
Washi Tape
Star Sequins
Twine: Hemptique

I started this card by trimming my sun ray patterned paper.  I used chalk ink around the edges and then stamped the thanks so much off once before stamping it on to the patterned paper.  I then stamped the light bulb image onto various patterned papers and created my own hot air balloon!  After I added this to my cardbase I added my stenciling and let dry.  I then finished with the sequins, washi tape and twine.

Hope you liked my out of the box card today!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a fun take on the challenge, all that paper pieced dimension as well as the texture paste, love love it! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

*Vicki* said...

Lisa, I just love the dimension on your balloon!! Very cool idea! ;)

Unknown said...

Wow I love how you folded the hot air balloon to make it 3D! Great job!

Leslie Germain said...

Lovely card, Lisa!!! That hot air balloon is amazing!!

Jingle said...

This is SUPER pretty!

Miriam Prantner said...

So clever! I love the combination of balloon and lightbulb, and great dimension!

jessica said...

This is such a cool card Lisa! I just LOVE that balloon!
AWESOME card!

melania deasy said...

Amazing idea!!!LOVE your card! Thank you so much for playing with us at Mama Elephant and ME!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS