Friday, July 17, 2015

Life is Good Stencil Card for Nani Ke Ola Blog

Hello!  Today I am sharing a fun, bright and happy card with you here and on the Nani Ke Ola Blog!  This card was easy to create, but has a fab artsy feel to it...


Supplies Used:
All products are by Prima Marketing unless noted otherwise: Butterflies Stencil, Watercolor Brush Pen, Watercolor Pencils - The Basics, Empress Gold Color Bloom Spray
Foil Die Cut: Pink Fresh Studios
Die: Lawn Fawn

To create this card I started with a panel of watercolored cardstock and began tracing the butterfly stencil with a very fine tip PITT artist pen.  Next I went through and haphazardly colored the butterflies in various colors with my Prima Watercolor Pencils.  Once everything was colored I went over them quickly with my Prima Waterbrush letting the colors blend and purposely taking them outside the lines.  Tip: when mixed colors make sure to wipe your waterbrush between shades, this prevent any muddying of the colors.  Once this dried I spritzed it with some Prima Gold Color Spray. My final step was to diecut the panel and adhere it back in place with foam adhesive.  I then added my embellishment/sentiment and ta - da!

I am entering this into the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: Anything Goes


Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Crafting!
Lisa

2 comments:

Leslie Germain said...

So pretty and LOVING the color of your banner!!

Emma Williams said...

This is so pretty and I love how you've coloured all the butterflies, it's just gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS