Monday, July 27, 2015

Star Student

Hello, hello!  I'm popping in today here and on The Alley Way Stamps Blog to share another card I've made to sneak in my little man's lunch box next year.


Once again I went to the Express Yourself Stamp Set to make a fun background that is perfect for a school theme.  This time I chose to mix up the letters and stamp them sparatically in no certain order. After I heat embossed the letters in clear I spritzed the whole watercolor cardstock with water and then dropped in some Magicals pigment powders and spritzed more to let the colors mix.  I then die cut a second panel with various sized stars, and stamped the sentiment (from the same stamp set mind you!) before adhering in with foam adhesive.  I then added faux stitching and adhered it to a black mat.  Added a few star sequins and it's done!

I am entering this into the following challenge:
Simon Says Stamp: Sparkle and Shine Challenge

Thanks so much for stopping by today and Happy Crafting!
Lisa

4 comments:

Georgiana said...

Your son is going to love to find this in his lunchbox. I know I would! :)

jessica said...

What a gorgeous card Lisa!!!
Your son is going to LOVE this!

*Vicki* said...

AWE!! What a sweet idea!! Love the stars and this will make him smile! ;)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Lisa! I love all the stars and the colours are lovely.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS