Friday, July 3, 2015

Two Stencils, One Background, Say What?!

Hello!  It's Friday, woot woot!!!  And we have a lovely weekend planned with the family to celebrate 4th of July so I am ready for this weekend to begin!  First though, I'm going to share a card today that you can also find on the SweetStamps.com Blog using two stencils to make one background, check it out...



This card was created using two stencil at one time to create this fun and lovely background.  How'd I do that?  Well I started by layering my stencils on top of each other and my cardstock.  My Kitchen Floor stencil went over the paper and then layered it with the Abstract Stencil on the top.  To hold them all in place I used wash tape around the edges.  I then began tracing over the top stencil (Abstract stencil) with my colored pencils in various colors.  Once I had colored the whole thing I removed the top stencil and colored in the open areas of the second stencil (Kitchen Floor) all with a grey colored pencil.  When this was finished I removed that stencil and finished my card by die cutting my butterfly and adhering it back in, adding pearls, and my sentiment embossed on vellum.  Hopefully that wasn't too confusing, because the technique really is a cool one.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have an amazing weekend!
Happy Crafting!
Lisa

3 comments:

Sue Marrazzo Fine Art said...

pRETTY, and so Special!

Leslie Germain said...

WOW!!! Gorgeous card!! Sorry I have missed your beautiful creations (like this one). We were away on vacation. But I am back and will be visiting again!!

jessica said...

What a stunning card! Love the beautiful background colors!!!!
AWESOME job Lisa!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS