Monday, February 29, 2016

Inlaid Die Cutting and Copics

Hello!  I know it's late for me to be posting, but I just couldn't let the Winnie & Walter Belated Birthday Challenges end without joining one last time.  So without adieu I am playing along with the Inlaid Die Cutting Challenge with Mayuri...



I love the look of inlaid die cutting as it adds a new dimension to a project, but I wanted to do something a little different with it.  So I started by stamping the floral images from the In Bloom: Lola's Bouquet with Joni Andaya randomly with my MISTI.  I then ran the happy die through my machine in the center of the panel.  I chose to only color the floral images that were on the cut for interest.  The background felt too plain since I wasn't coloring in the full floral images and I decided to do create a dotted background with various blue Copics.  Finally, I propped it all up on a die cut panel from the Audrey Cutaways, and finished it all off with a mix of colorful sequins.

I wish my photo could be better, but as I am taking this at night and the challenge ends within hours it was the best I could muster, hopefully I'll be able to get a better shot in the morning to share.

I am also linking this up to the Simon Says Stamp Wed. Anything Goes Challenge and the Marker Pop Anything Goes Challenge.

Happy Crafting!
Lisa

3 comments:

Patti J said...

Oh my goodness, this looks like it was so much fun to create! Great card, love it! Glad you shared!

Leslie Germain said...

This is so unique and different!! LOVE what you did with the letters!!!

Jo Nevill said...

Great card, love your inlaid sentiment
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS