Thursday, March 17, 2016

GD for Ellen Hutson Pinsights Challenge



Ahhhh!!!  Did you read that title, and then re-read it again?!  ekkkkk!!!  I can not believe how honored I am to be asked to provide a little inspiration for the new Ellen Pin-sights Challenge, take a look at this beautiful photo that is sure to get your crafty mojo reeling...


And here is a little about how this challenge works...The Essentials by Ellen Pin-Sights challenge is a monthly inspirational challenge based on a Pinterest Inspired photo that is located on the CLASSroom blog. A random challenge participant will receive a $50 gift certificate to the Ellen Hutson store.  To be eligible, you MUST use Essentials by Ellen products and the photo badge as inspiration. There will be an inlinkz on the challenge post where you can submit. 

Now onto what I've created based on this challenge...





My favorite thing about this card was my labor of love homemade coverplate.  I love the look of coverplates and the intricacy they express on a project, since I don't own any of the Essentials by Ellen coverplates as of right now I figured I'd just make my own.  I started by choosing one of the floral dies from the Wild Garden Designer Dies set by Julie Ebersole.  I then took a trimmed panel of foiled yardstick and drew a slightly smaller rectangle on the backside.  I used this drawn rectangle as a guide for where to line the top cutting plate with the die and paper so that I would receive only partial cuts around the outer edge of the panel.  Next I randomly cut the entire floral image on the inside of my panel, while this does cut the full image I simply adhered it back in the same spot I cut it out from once it was placed onto my cradles.  I then diecut a frame in a gorgeous green card stock, matching the greens in the inspiration photo and adhered it with foam adhesive..  I stamped and embossed a heart image from the Fancy Thanks Stamp Set by Julie Ebersole, before trimming it and adding it to the lower right hand corner of my frame.  Finally I stamped my sentiment from the same stamp set, trimmed the card stock at an angle and finished it all off with some clear sequins.

Thanks so much for stopping by today (and a huge thank you to Ellen Hutson and her amazing team for having me join them today!) and Happy Crafting!
Lisa

Supplies Used:

1 comment:

Jennifer Spiller said...

Beautiful card! I love seeing how you transformed the inspiration into a card! Just lovely :>

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS