Saturday, March 19, 2016

Welcome Spring... Watercoloring

Hello!  I'm posting a for fun card today, yay!  I've created this lovely watercolor card based on several challenges including the Waffle Flower Challenge: watercoloring and Simon Says Stamp Work It Wednesday: Flowers, As You Like It Challenge: Favorite Embossing and why...


To create this card I started with Arches 140 Cold Press Watercolor paper.  I heat embossed my stamped images from the new Waffle Flower's release Welcome Spring Stamp Set.  I love using heat embossing when watercoloring as it keeps the color contained and thus easy to work with.  I then used my Gansai Tambi watercolors to drop in my colors.  Once the panel dried I stamped my sentiment and butterfly with Versafine ink.  I then used the Lacey Layers die also by Waffle Flower to diecut a layer at an angle, and I popped it up with foam adhesive.  To finish my card I used some sequins from Mint Owl Studio.

Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Crafting!
Lisa

7 comments:

Donna said...

Beautiful card Lisa, your water coloring is stunning!

jessica said...

What a gorgeous card Lisa!
Love the watercoloring!!!

Leslie Germain said...

Such a pretty spring card!!

Shelly said...

This is beautiful, Lisa! Thanks for joining us at the Waffle Flower Challenge!

Annette said...

Oh My WORD, this is STUNNING. Gorgeous colouring and so beautiful in the watercolours.
Hugs
Annette - Netty's Cards
xx
Proud to design for :
Lili of the Valley,
In The Pink Challenge
The Sugar Bowl Challenge,
As You Like It Challenge.


Fábrica de artesanía said...

Cute, gorgeous and a lovely card. Congratulations!

York Tee said...

Pretty and cute card!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS