Saturday, August 13, 2016

Thanks... Ellen Hutson Pin-Sights Challenge

Hello!  I should say good evening as it is much later than when I normally post, but I just to get a minute to post a card I've created for the new GD call for the Ellen Hutson Pin-Sights Challenge, woot woot!  Recently I haven't had any time to get in my craft room as I have had some minor surgery on my foot that has turned out to be more painful than I thought it would be. Insert sad face.  But I made it my mission ( with some pain pill help, hehehe! ) to get a card made in time for the Guest Designer call, because it would be an amazing opportunity for any crafter.  Whew, now enough chit chat and time for some crafty fun...


To create this card I used my Essentials by Ellen Bold Blossom Stand Alone dies to make my own stamps out of craft foam :) And it worked! Woo hoo!  I have a few photos to share on these as well...



After die cutting the roses and leaf images out of white craft foam, I ran them through my Xyron Create a Sticker Machine and adhered them to my clear blocks.  I then inked them up with Memento Luxe Ink.  I haven't used these inks in forever, but I LOVE how bold the coverage was and it just seemed to fit using craft foam with a soft foam like ink pad.

Once my panel was completely stamped and set to dry I die cut the bottom with a My Favorite Things Stitched Basic Edges die.  I then chose to die cut a piece of vellum with that same edge die and layered it slightly under the stamped panel.

Finally, for the sentiment I stamped the thanks from the Fancy Thanks by Julie Stamp Set from the Essentials By Ellen Collection with black Luxe Ink and embossed just the bottom half with gold embossing powder.  And of course I needed some Pretty Pink Posh Bling to top it all off.




Thanks so much for stopping by and Happy Crafting!
Lisa

3 comments:

Karen B. said...

What a cool and unique way to use supplies with such pretty results!

Leslie Germain said...

Oh my, this is beautiful!! LOVE the colors and the gold thanks!!

Laurel Beard said...

You made this on pain pills? A gorgeous card and turned dies into stamps? This is amaze balls! THUD THUD THUD!

 
BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS